Viola Rivard

Mid-December Update

As a lot of you have probably noticed, I’ve been very absent from social media the past couple weeks. I wish I could say that it’s because I’m writing furiously, but sadly, that’s not the case. I’ve spent the past couple weeks in and out of the hospital, struggling to write so much as a text message.

I’d like to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers for my miscarriage a couple months back, and I’m very happy to announce that Mr. Rivard and I are expecting again! Unfortunately I don’t have morning sickness, so much as all-day-can’t-eat-or-drink-anything sickness, which is why I’ve been going back and forth to the emergency room for IV fluids and why I haven’t been able to write anything.

I’ve had two ultrasounds so far and everything looks good. I’m about to hit 8 weeks and the doctors have assured me that the nausea and fatigue will begin to plateau from there. I hope everyone can bear with me. As soon as I can start swallowing water again, I’ll get back to writing. I’m unsure if I’ll be able to get Ties out by the end of December, but for your sakes (and the sake of my bank account) I’m certainly going to try! 🙂

`In other news, Taming the Alpha (Featuring The Dragon’s Appraiser) hit USA Today and New York Times!

`Also, the Claimed by the Alphas audiobook is now available for sale!

`The ARC signups had the wrong email address on them. If you’d still like to sign up for ARC membership, review the terms and email Kira at the updated email address.

29 comments to “Mid-December Update”

1. Judylee
      · December 18th, 2014 at 6:55 pm · Link

Viola, I’m so happy your baby is doing well. Great news!

Don’t worry about writing and time frames. We, your readers and fans, understand that your health and that of your baby’s should be your priority.

Write when you’re able and we will love your books – and your bank account will grow. ; )

I’ll keep you, your husband, and that little baby in my prayers.

• CL
      1.1
        · December 18th, 2014 at 8:12 pm · Link

Viola, your true fans respect the need to prioritize your health and definitely the health of your baby. Congratulations! Ties can wait until you are healthy and well-rested.

2. Abbie Alvarez
      · December 18th, 2014 at 7:47 pm · Link

So happy that you are having a baby again and all is well. Do not worry about a time frame. We your fans are able to wait. Anticipation is wonderful too. Your health and the baby’s health is more important. I will always faithfully buy your books so just take whatever time you need (of course a year would be too long) but we will wait patiently.
    Good luck and good health

3. Tamiko
      · December 18th, 2014 at 7:53 pm · Link

Omg! Congrats. Love your books.

4. Kirstie Sexton
      · December 18th, 2014 at 7:53 pm · Link

Glad to hear you and the baby are doing good. Hope you get some relief from “morning” sickness soon. They say being really sick is a good sign, means the right hormone levels are up. 🙂 Definitely dont push yourself on writing. The important thing is to keep you and your baby safe. Plenty of time for writing later. Plus the raging hormones in the last trimester should super inspire your steamy love scene muse. Lol. Next installment might be off the charts. Cant wait. Lol. Keeping you in my prayers.

5. DONNA COVERT
      · December 18th, 2014 at 8:14 pm · Link

MY GRANDDAUGHTER WENT THROUGH THE SAME THING HERS TAMED DOWN AFTER THE 5TH OR 6TH MONTH. EVERYTHING SHE ATE OR DRANK CAME BACK UP. SHE ALSO WENT TO THE ER FOR IV FLUIDS. THE BABY IS NOW 19 MONTHS OLD AND A PLEASURE I JUST WANTED TO EASE YOUR MIND A LITTLE AND AS MUCH AS I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO READING TIES THERE IS NOTHING MORE IMPORTANT THAN YOUR BABY. OUR PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU. MERRY CHRISTMAS AN AVID FAN DONNA

6. Delani Neal
      · December 18th, 2014 at 8:19 pm · Link

I am so very happy for you and your husband, I will continue to pray for you three. And I truly hope that you can experience the joy of motherhood that you give to your characters.

7. Gigi
      · December 18th, 2014 at 8:25 pm · Link

I am so happy to hear you are pregnant again. Your health is so important now. Take care of yourself and then Ties will come easier when you feel better. Merry Christmas and may God Bless your family.

8. evelyn heidbrink
      · December 18th, 2014 at 9:18 pm · Link

well it sounds as if congratulations are needed! i have been where you are now…sick 24/7! had to live on bananas (could only find green ones) and ginger ale! still hate ginger ale to this day…though i love ginger! it looks like i will be having fun for the next few months…following you and my daughter-in-law who is about as far along as you! this will be fun and interesting…! my prayers are still with you and your husband and your little one to be! may the Lord bless and be with you both…keep you safe and healthy and fill you with happiness and love! as always…love your books and look forward to upcoming stories! ev

• Vivian
      8.1
        · December 20th, 2014 at 12:55 am · Link

So happy to hear the wonderful new! Congrats ! Please take care of yourself and your little one, we will be here always, patiently waiting for your next book! I loved Christmas with the Alpha’s. Can’t wait to read more about them! Love that series!!!!!

9. Jayni
      · December 18th, 2014 at 9:30 pm · Link

So glad to hear that you are doing well. Take it easy and be happy. Don’t worry
    about getting things done. It will happen. I will pray for you and your husband to
    have a happy, healthy little one. Take care.

10. Andrea Vickers
      · December 18th, 2014 at 9:58 pm · Link

Hi Viola,

So happy to hear you are expecting again and that baby is doing well!! I had the extreme sickness with my last baby and it’s awful. Don’t worry about time frames you have many dedicated readers who will understand whole heartedly. Put you and baby first, we will still be here.

Take care of you and bump.

Sending happy prayers and hope the sickness goes soon

Andrea xx

11. Windy C
      · December 18th, 2014 at 10:18 pm · Link

Good luck with everything =) I’ll be patiently waiting more awesome stuff from you!

12. Cassie Lewis
      · December 18th, 2014 at 10:47 pm · Link

HI Viola, I am very happy to hear that you and your baby are doing fine.

13. Cari Absalon Bogner
      · December 19th, 2014 at 2:00 am · Link

Congratulations! Hope you are feeling better soon and wish you and your family the very best.

14. Jennifer Smith
      · December 19th, 2014 at 2:08 am · Link

Congrats on the baby,make sure to eat plenty of crackers for the nausea and get plenty of rest.Your loyal readers will wait for you.Congrats again

15. Cynthia
      · December 19th, 2014 at 3:23 am · Link

Congrats! I was so sorry to hear about your miscarriage but very happy to hear you are expecting again.

I love all your books and look forward to upcoming ones. Just take care of yourself and don’t worry about anything else. We’ll be here when you’re ready.

Take care Viola!

16. Larissa
      · December 19th, 2014 at 5:13 pm · Link

What wonderful news! Take care of yourself and the family! We can wait till you are feeling better!

17. Marlena
      · December 21st, 2014 at 11:09 pm · Link

I remember all day sick i use to whine why it called morning when it last all day all night and even in my sleep! but having had 7 miscarriages i know that pain very well but i didn’t function @ all after the last one i am proud of you for getting up going on to try again, i hope and wish the best of luck for you and your husband and your new little one books are not as important as the life within i know for sure that the joy you feel on finding out is truly indescribable but we do love your book and we can wait as long as it takes for you to catch up. Chewing on Ginger Root helped me through the puke it all stage =)

18. Robin
      · December 22nd, 2014 at 3:22 am · Link

Please take care & don’t worry about writing. It’s not your priority right now.

Bright Blessings!

19. jessica
      · December 23rd, 2014 at 10:57 pm · Link

CONGRATULATIONS we are so happy to here that you are having a baby . All the prayers paid off. Viola just rest and take time for yourself you are gonna need it . All of your fans will be more than happy to wait while you get everything settled and healthy . Besides a happy healthy Author/mom will mean an even better book . So please dont worry about us and just get in good health.

20. jessica
      · December 23rd, 2014 at 10:58 pm · Link

CONGRATULATIONS !!! we are so happy to here that you are having a baby . All the prayers paid off. Viola just rest and take time for yourself you are gonna need it . All of your fans will be more than happy to wait while you get everything settled and healthy . Besides a happy healthy Author/mom will mean an even better book . So please don’t worry about us and just get in good health.

21. Brandy'z Books
      · December 29th, 2014 at 1:11 pm · Link

Congratulations on the baby!!! I will pray all goes well and you feel better soon!!!

I am new to your work but so far I love it. I just finished your story in the “Kiss of Christmas” and it was awesome!!! I can’t wait to read more!!!

~Brandy

22. Kathy
      · December 30th, 2014 at 1:43 am · Link

Ok… For babies I can wait forever. Ok maybe not forever but until you are heathy enough to continue. My thoughts and prayers are with you through this crazy time (bet its a girl) but you are stuck with me cause I live your stuff.

23. Graciela
      · January 4th, 2015 at 5:36 am · Link

Hi Viola,

Hope that you are feeling much better. And congratulations to you and your husband.

24. Marie
      · January 4th, 2015 at 5:48 pm · Link

I am a new fan of your’s and just heard about what has been going on while trying to find Ties. Great news on the baby to come. I hope you are doing well and able to take it easy for now. That is what is important!

25. Tricia
      · January 5th, 2015 at 8:16 pm · Link

So glad to hear your baby is well! I hope you feel better soon! Please don’t worry about the new book! We can wait and this gives us more time to re-read all of your awesome work 🙂

26. Tanya S.
      · January 10th, 2015 at 5:59 am · Link

Congratulations on the baby, I’m sorry that you haven’t been feeling well. Hope that you get to feeling better soon! I love your books!!! ” Running with the Alphas ” and ” Claimed by the Alphas ” are my favorites! I’ve read them all at least five times. Can’t wait until the next one comes out for Ties ( Running with the Alphas) comes out, dying here!!!!! Two more after that, this is going to be hard to wait for!!!!! They are so good , I hope that you keep writing more just like them!!!! Hope you get to feeling better soon!

27. Linda
      · February 19th, 2015 at 6:46 am · Link

Hope you are now feeling so much better.I love your books but your baby has to come first. We the fans will still be waiting whenever you get a book out. Just enjoy your pregnancy as nothing is more important than a baby. Take care.