Viola Rivard

Faith Delay

Thank you all for being so patient and supportive. I’ve never had to push a deadline before, and that was almost as hard as what I went through. You all mean so much to me.

Last month, I found out that I was pregnant. My husband and I were over the moon about becoming parents, but unfortunately, I suffered a miscarriage two days ago. It made writing about Taylor and her pregnancy rather difficult, and I knew that I’d be doing a disservice to all of you by writing Faith when my heart wasn’t in it. Faith is almost finished, and after I take a week to get my bearings, I’ll wrap it up and have it to you by the 15th.

It’s a little nerve-wracking talking about it on such a huge platform, but I feel it’s something that a lot of women endure in silence. We can do all of the right things, but sometimes it’s just not meant to be.

Thank you for understanding, and I look forward to writing many, many more stories for you all to enjoy.

-Viola

cal_hobb-raccoon7

21 comments to “Faith Delay”

1. Vernecia McCall
      · October 28th, 2014 at 12:10 pm · Link

First let me start by saying how sorry I am to hear of your loss. I have been there before so I can truthfully say I know the hurt. I will pray for you & your husband.

Thank you so much for this excerpt. I can’t wait for the release. I love Caim & Hale. Such ornery wolves on the outside but soft on the inside with their mates.

2. Alison Perry
      · October 28th, 2014 at 10:11 pm · Link

I am so sorry to hear this. Sending prayers and good thoughts to you. Take care of yourself first. That is most important.

3. Yvonne
      · October 29th, 2014 at 10:01 am · Link

Hi, I am so sorry for your loss. I know what you are going through.
    Thank you for sending me the first 5 chapters. The journey of Taylor, Alder and Hale is amazing, I still think there’s trouble ahead and cannot wait for the book.
    Only when you are ready, I can wait.
    Take care of yourself first x

4. susan scherer
      · October 30th, 2014 at 2:25 am · Link

So sorry for your loss, have experienced it myself three times. Never give up. HE knows when it will be ur time. The book sounds terrific so far. I love how u won’t let us know for sure if the baby is Alders or Hales. I thought she was having twins from the sound of the last book. But, who knows, u might surprise us.

5. Judylee
      · October 30th, 2014 at 7:15 pm · Link

Viola, I am so very sorry for your loss. Please know that you and your husband are in my prayers.

Thank you for your dedication as an author. I love your books. Your readers understand you are going through a rough time and we will wait patiently for the next book to be completed…when you’re ready.

Take care.

6. Brigitte`Antoinette
      · November 2nd, 2014 at 10:08 am · Link

Toni here.
    First, so truly sorry to hear what happened. From the comments of your readers, you already know you are not alone, and it often happens. I think we should be told by doctors what to expect, more often than is being discussed now. Our bodies sometimes reject tissue that appears foreign, but is really not, but it takes longer for the body to realize that. Nothing could have been done, and don’t blame God, he had nothing to do with it. We are all imperfect, and sometimes we find that out, in unpleasant ways. I had a 15 year old son, shot down in the street by gang members, and a 23 year old son killed in a car accident, but I understood that none of us are promised tomorrow. We are to be thankful that we get to say, I had today, so thank you Heavenly Father. Call on me if you ever want to talk more. Second, the cover is gorgeous. You did good girl!!

7. Bonnie Drobeck
      · November 2nd, 2014 at 10:38 pm · Link

I feel for you and your husband , Please take the time you need as your family and friends along with all your readers will understand, loss is an awful experience for us all , so sorry for your pain God is with you as all of us are too. Your books are a wonderful gift to so many , and I know you will receive many wonderful blessing in time, again I’m so sorry for you both. God Bless and keep you.
    Can’t wait to see whats ahead for Taylor and the whole den.

8. Melody goeken
      · November 3rd, 2014 at 6:12 am · Link

Am so very sorry to read about your loss, I know words a re of little comfort to you at this time, my prayers for your healing…

9. Robyn
      · November 3rd, 2014 at 1:23 pm · Link

I am sorry for your loss, lots of healing prayers and comfort for you an your husband. As for the book, I am enjoying the story line so far. I love the dynamics that are setting the stage between Hale, Alder and Taylor. It will be interesting to see how the men continue their standings with in the clan as Taylor goes further into the pregnancy.

10. De
      · November 5th, 2014 at 2:30 am · Link

You and your husband are in my prayers. Sending you strength and hope.

11. Linda
      · November 5th, 2014 at 3:05 am · Link

I am so sorry to hear of your loss… I look forward to reading more when you are up to it <3

12. Jasmine
      · November 5th, 2014 at 7:15 pm · Link

Viola, sorry about your loss. My prayers are with you.

13. teresa
      · November 6th, 2014 at 1:22 pm · Link

i am truly sorry for your loss. i have been where you are right now. it is very hard.but it will get better. hang in there. it will happen for you when you least expect it. god bless you.

14. Jessica Ortiz
      · November 7th, 2014 at 8:22 pm · Link

I’m so so sorry for your loss Viola. Things will get better you just got to hang in there and NEVER lose hope. We love you Viola.And hay since you love wolves may be you should get a puppy. Puppies can cure any broken heart that is if you’re nota allergic. 😉 God bless

15. Ceree
      · November 8th, 2014 at 11:23 pm · Link

Let me first say my prayers are with you. God bless you. I am patiently waiting for this series to unfold. Take your time.

16. Renee
      · November 10th, 2014 at 4:21 am · Link

So incredibly sorry for your loss. You and your husband will be in my thoughts. Thanks so much for publishing the excerpt. Loved it!! As anxious as I, and the rest of your fans are for the next book, we understand. Take your time recovering. You and your family come first.

• jessica
      16.1
        · November 12th, 2014 at 9:03 pm · Link

Totally right family always comes first and we all support you no matter what!!We LOVE you Viola never give up and always push toward your goals if you want a baby then your gonna get one and that’s that!If you need any help or advise for anything well that is what fans are for we are here for you. Fans are your own personal support group 8^)

17. Lisa
      · November 12th, 2014 at 5:28 am · Link

So sorry to hear of your loss. Your fans will be waiting for you. Sending healing thoughts and prayers to you and your husband.

18. Jacintha Topaz
      · November 15th, 2014 at 7:07 am · Link

Miscarried before as well and thanked that incredible being for teaching me SO much even with such a short visit on this planet.

Take good care of yourself and when you’re ready, I’m sure the perfect time will arrive to expand your family. Hugs.

19. Carol
      · November 18th, 2014 at 10:05 pm · Link

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you and your husband feel better soon.

20. Serena
      · November 29th, 2014 at 3:05 pm · Link

Hi Viola,

I’m always on the lookout for you books. When I didn’t find Faith on sale a few weeks ago, I came here searching and I read about your loss. I’m so sorry, and I hope you’re doing better now.
    I’m looking forward to reading Faith. I know it will be as great as all the other.

Take Care.